The Foundation for West Hartford Public Schools (the Foundation) provides grants to educators in the West Hartford Public Schools. Our mission is to support educational projects and initiatives that directly benefit students and enhance the excellence of the West Hartford Public Schools community.
The Foundation is hopeful for 2021 and has set aside $20,210.00 for grant awards to support teachers and students during this unprecedented time.
Grant applications are due by January 20, 2021 at 11:59pm and you will be notified by February 1, 2021 if grant is awarded or denied.
These grants must be implemented during the 2020-2021 school year
Grants will not be carried over to the following school year
There will be a $2,000 grant maximum
Teachers may apply for only one grant
- These applications will NOT be read on a blind basis, so school names should be included in your application.
Eligibility and Important Information:
- Your principal or department supervisor must read and approve your grant proposal prior to submitting.
- Applicants must be employed by the West Hartford Board of Education, hold Connecticut Department of Education certification and have direct contact with West Hartford students.
- Applicants may only apply for 1 grant as either lead or additional applicant.
- For multi-school grants we will allow a $2,000 per school maximum with the requirement that each school is represented on the application.
- If this project costs more than $2,000 and you are receiving funds from an additional source, the additional source of funding must be secured prior to submission of your grant application.
- Please provide actual terms before using acronyms in the application.
Prior to applying for an outdoor item you must receive written permission from Robert Palmer in Plant Services. Please email Robert at Robert.Palmer@westhartfordct.gov with a description of your grant proposal.
If your grant request includes any type of electronic device (including a computer), hardware or software, please contact Jared Morin at email@example.com to ensure that your technology is not being funded by the district or school, to confirm pricing and to ensure that the appropriate technology will support your goals. Please place "FWHPS Grant Inquiry" in the subject line and include the following information in your email to Jared.
1. The specific technology for which you are applying
2. How the technology will be used to support your goals
3. Grade levels using technology.
Deadline and Final Details
- Applications are due by January 20, 2021 at 11:59pm and you will be notified by February 1, 2021.
- If approved, funds will be available immediately. Click here for a copy of the reimbursement policy.
- If your grant application is approved, you must submit a Final Report to the Foundation at the completion of the project or no later than June 3. Please click here for instructions on the 2020-2021 Final Report.
- Teachers are asked to notify the Foundation when a project is taking place. The Foundation requests that any report about a grant sponsored activity, either in school newsletters or newspaper publications recognize the efforts of the Foundation.
- Prior to making any changes to your original grant proposal, you must receive approval in writing by the Foundation or risk loss of funding. Changes such as project, teacher, venue, cost, artist, etc., must receive approval.
- If the execution of the grant sponsored activity is not possible, you must contact the Foundation office immediately.
- If for any reason an applicant is unable to administer the grant, the principal or a designee is asked to administer it and to notify the Foundation.
- Ownership of all grant materials including technology resides with the West Hartford Public Schools. If a grant recipient transfers to another school within the district, it will be the principal’s decision to keep the equipment or send it to the new school. If a teacher is no longer employed by WHPS, the materials remain in the school under the direction of principal.
To begin your grant application click here.
Please contact the Foundation:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
OR Distribution Chair
- Sherry Feinglass at email@example.com, cell # 860-836-1970